Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Apparently you no longer accept visa or mastercard? Only the weird ones?

mamba-negra opened this issue on Mar 25, 2017 ยท 52 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 04 April 2017 at 6:08 AM

mamba-negra posted at 11:58AM Tue, 04 April 2017 - #4301480

mazal50 posted at 10:01PM Mon, 03 April 2017 - #4301458

mamba-negra posted at 11:47PM Mon, 03 April 2017 - #4300460

It worked. Thanks for passing this on to whomever.

But, I must say, the frequent programming errors give me serious concern about the professionalism for whomever is responsible for this website. I transmit credit card information through software these people are responsible for and if they can't make simple checks like "Can they actually see the blog post that this page serves" or "Let me check that I didn't accidentally prevent Visa and MasterCard from appearing in the list of available credit cards", then what sort other errors are hiding behind the scenes? Is my transaction still properly conducted or did they accidentally mess that up with a different edit? Hard to say. But, the more of these goof ups we see, the more and more concerned I become and so should everyone else.

Last week my creditcard company gave me a warning that creditcard data was stolen from renderosity, i did get a new card but i'm really concerned about the safety at renderosity.

What sort of card tells you who was responsible for a stolen card #? Was it one of those that generates a unique card number for each purchase?

I am certainly not in a position to say categorically that it was Renderosity at fault this time around, although someone did state they had an email from them stating there could have been a possible breach in the purchasing procedure. What I do know it that Renderosity was certainly the cause of my grief when this first started because they made a public statement admitting it, rather belatedly but I still give them credit for coming clean.

The double charges of a month or so ago was blamed on Paypal but they were still the result of shopping here. Now my cards have been done again, and they were only used here and at Daz, luckily it was trapped quite quickly as last time around someone charged over 6000 Canadian Dollars to my card. Happily I did not have to pay that, well at least not so far, but somewhere down the line someone lost out on a sale of goods to that value and really only because I use my cards fund a hobby, hardly seems fair.

I do 3D art for a hobby and for pleasure but all this hassle is no fun at all so I have to call a halt to it some way. The prepaid card is my last gasp before I give up in Renderosity entirely.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.