Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Apparently you no longer accept visa or mastercard? Only the weird ones?

mamba-negra opened this issue on Mar 25, 2017 ยท 52 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 05 April 2017 at 5:57 AM

mazal50 posted at 11:57AM Wed, 05 April 2017 - #4301559

hornet3d posted at 6:02PM Tue, 04 April 2017 - #4301500

One other point that may or may not be related, my virus checker has a feature whereby it will only allow one connection to a bank site, So if I log into my bank site any other attempt to long into another bank site is blocked. The feature is automatic so that, as soon as it recognises a bank site I get the warning the block is in place. For the last week or so that feature has been triggered when I enter Renderosity, even the forums, This never used to be the case and it is the only non-bank site that does this.

After i contacted renderosity about the fact that creditcard data was stolen i got the following email.

Dear Renderosity Customer,

Recently, we became aware of a potential compromise to our store check-out process that may have exposed personal information such as customer name, address, and credit card. After a thorough investigation, our team has determined that the exposure began on March 9, 2017 at approximately 4:39pm (cst) and was resolved by staff on March 12, 2017 at approximately 1:28pm (cdt). Renderosity does not store credit card information as a matter of policy so this only affected orders placed during the time-frame detailed above.

Renderosity deeply regrets that this incident occurred. We have implemented additional security measures as a result of this event. Also, we continue to offer an alternative checkout process via the PayPal service that is widely used and highly secure.

For your protection, we recommend that you contact your bank or credit card company and make them aware that your card details may have been compromised.

For further information and assistance, please contact store@renderosity.com.

Regards, Tommy Lemon VP of Renderosity

I don't want to put renderosity down but they do not give a warning to their customers until customers contact them.

True, most of us found out about it from our credit card company long before Rendersosity decided to go public.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.