Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Apparently you no longer accept visa or mastercard? Only the weird ones?

mamba-negra opened this issue on Mar 25, 2017 ยท 52 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 06 April 2017 at 10:13 AM

Raindroptheelf posted at 3:59PM Thu, 06 April 2017 - #4301766

hornet3d posted at 3:36PM Thu, 06 April 2017 - #4301762

Raindroptheelf posted at 2:50PM Thu, 06 April 2017 - #4301760

hornet3d posted at 2:37PM Thu, 06 April 2017 - #4301500

One other point that may or may not be related, my virus checker has a feature whereby it will only allow one connection to a bank site, So if I log into my bank site any other attempt to long into another bank site is blocked. The feature is automatic so that, as soon as it recognises a bank site I get the warning the block is in place. For the last week or so that feature has been triggered when I enter Renderosity, even the forums, This never used to be the case and it is the only non-bank site that does this.

May I ask what virus checker you are using? I would like to get it too. I am so paranoid now.

F-secure, I use Virgin for my broadband services and so it was free for the first year. It seemed to work well in that year and so I paid up for a second. Unfortunately it is no defense against Renderosity though.

Oh I see. sighhh I am to paranoid buying here even now that I use paypal. It is sad but it happend one time to often to me that my card and account info was skimmed.

Believe me I really do share your concern. My two biggest problems with this is that, once the breach occurs there is access to sizable funds, up to the limits of my credit card, and the fact I have the hassle of cancelling the cards and then changing any subscriptions and direct debits to and from that card. Many do use Paypal without a problem, here you have little choice because Renderosity uses Paypal to process the payment irrespective of what card you use. I dislike Paypal for something that happen a long time ago, they may have changed, but once trust is lost it is difficult to regain. Even if I did use Paypal I don't see it helps on my two main concerns if it is breached.

My plan going forward is to set up a prepaid direct debit card, something I am in the process of doing and then just topping that card up with the correct amount for any purchase. That appears to solve the problem in that if the security is breached the fraudsters only have access to small amount that is there and only while it is there. There is no over draft facility and no credit so the liability is limited to available funds. If it is breached I do not have to change any credit card details, the worst I might have to do is cancel and start a completely new card. The final plus is, if I only use it here I and it is defrauded, I will know Renderosity have fouled up again and not have to await for weeks for them to admit it.

The prepaid card is the last attempt at continuing to shop here, if this fails I will just block all access to this site on my PC and never come here again..

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.