Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Checkout Trojan?

Hoppitty opened this issue on Mar 13, 2017 ยท 39 posts

hornet3d posted Sat, 08 April 2017 at 12:46 PM

jennblake posted at 6:37PM Sat, 08 April 2017 - #4301941

The safest way to pay at any online merchant is through paypal and that is available here. You can pay by credit card through paypal as well and all of our transactions go through paypal as they are our service for payments. 😄 our site is secure, and we do our best to ensure that it remains that way. Unfortunately in today's world there is always a potential for this to happen, and we strive to stay ahead of that threat.

While I respect your view I have a different one based upon the fact that my card has been done three times in just over a year and two of the times Renderosity have admitted that there was a flaw in their checkout procedure. In the third case I only shopped here and one other place with that card so I cannot prove anything but, based on history, I know where I think the breach occurred.

Believe me I know from experience that Paypal can also have issues and, again in my experience, they are nowhere near as helpful as the credit card companies when it happens. There is also the issue, that, with Paypal any fraudster has access to a vast amount of funds if they are breached. By using a prepaid debit card with no overdraft and credit facility the only amount at risk is what is on the card at the time of the breach, not the credit limit.

As I say I respect your view it is just that my experience has given me a very different outlook in this regard.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.