Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Checkout Trojan?

Hoppitty opened this issue on Mar 13, 2017 · 39 posts

consumer573 posted Wed, 12 April 2017 at 4:42 AM

I am trying to make purchases here using debit gift cards, even though there is a hefty premium to do so. And since being burned I am trying to use a whole gift card at once leaving nothing remaining on it so if it is hacked after a renderosity purchase there is nothing left for a hacker to get. But Renderosity's gift card system is soooo primitive. you can only buy in fixed amounts that the company decides ahead of time. And you can't combine them so you have the same problem as a debit card when things get to near zero. The only way to get around this is to have store credit, which is like goldd the way they have it set up. Unlike a giftcard, which when you enter a code at check out you can't specify an amount - it just drains the card for the whole purchase - with store credit you can manage how much to take.

So I've been trying to buy store credit here. Guess what? The response is that they don't accept any of the methods I've been having problems with and am worried about being hacked.. Apparently I can only buy store credit with "a check, money order, or cashier’s check sent to the office." Tongue in cheek I said I'd be better just buying some random vendor's product and returning it. But that's not a way I feel would be fair.

I feel that If Rendderosity put half the amount of effort into their back office that they have in to social media, and (for me) really really bad vertical display layout, maybe I wouldn't be so afraid of buying something here.

I've never had so much trouble trying to get a company with good products to take my money.

Except maybe Sears.

What you're hearing from me is frustration. There's a couple of sales on with things I want and to make it worthwhile I feel I need some more store credit which, catch 22, would not be available before the sales are over, the way they're asking me to do it. But that's only because I've actually been making a few purcahses and have been using the store credit. And I don't get the sense that the company feels it is a real problem since the big issue is I'm genuinely afraid to use my credit card here anymore or anything with my personal information attached to it.

That's it.

Thanks for listening. Have a nice day.