Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Checkout Trojan?

Hoppitty opened this issue on Mar 13, 2017 ยท 39 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 12 April 2017 at 10:29 AM

mazal50 posted at 4:22PM Wed, 12 April 2017 - #4302333

hornet3d posted at 5:14PM Wed, 12 April 2017 - #4302330

I really don't understand how any company can reach the point that customer's dread placing an order because they feel they cannot trust the order process. I use my cards on line almost every day and have done for years. Within the last four years the only card that have been defrauded are the ones that have been used here and I am now on my fifth card. Two of the frauds were due to Rendo because they admitted it. the other two occasions the card was only used here an at Daz3d. Other cards that were used at Daz3d were not affected so that leaves a very strong suspicion in my mind as to where the other breaches occured even though I cannot prove it.

As to whether the people, here care my personal view is that they do, or at least the ones who respond in the forums, higher up they seem incapable, or unwilling, of trying to understand just how difficult this is for their customers. This view is a personal one based upon a long history here and even now the Prime crisis of so long ago, where the 'powers that be' happily threw the vendors under a bus, is fresh in my mind.

This all bodes badly for Rendo but the sad fact is that the people that do care are the ones that will suffer while the uncaring an incompetents will just walk away and play else where. That bothers me but sadly not enough for me to continue shopping here.

I'm with you on this, i'm wondering if vendors know about the safetyproblems, my wishlist here is very big but i won't purchase at the moment. I don't want to get in big trouble for a hobby.

I am very much on the same boat to the degree I don't even look in the Market Place in case I see something I like. Now if some of my favorite venders were to move somewhere else I would quickly shell out a good $100 to get my collections up to date. I know that, with RDNA gone, Rendo is one of the biggest left but I do wonder how many vendors realise they are losing potential sales here. I completely understand that they may not want to take the risk of going elsewhere so the choice is really down to them but they are already suffering here.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.