Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Checkout Trojan?

Hoppitty opened this issue on Mar 13, 2017 ยท 39 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 14 April 2017 at 6:16 AM

MattGreenfield posted at 12:14PM Fri, 14 April 2017 - #4302484

As I just posted in the other thread, I caught $2200.00 in false charges on the card I use at Rendo this morning. That's the second time that card has been hit in 6 months whereas the others I use are fine. What's really ridiculous about all this is that Rendo's parent company builds commercial websites, so the fact that they keep having these problems whereas the other 3D sites aren't just makes them look doubly bad. I've tried to minimize my exposure by buying large GCs and reducing the number of times my data is actually entered into the site, but clearly that hasn't been enough risk reduction.

Having a web site as an owner is a two edge sword, unlike other marketplaces they cannot change their payment system quite so readily. On the other hand it does suggest that companies would be well advised to do their research before they used Bondware to build their web site.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.