Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Low security at Renderosity?

l.croft opened this issue on Apr 11, 2017 ยท 83 posts

nujazz posted Tue, 18 April 2017 at 1:51 PM

MattGreenfield posted at 1:38PM Tue, 18 April 2017 - #4302481

I just found out that this morning that my card was hacked, most likely as a result of the last breech. $2,200.00 in charges made in the U.K. before we caught it.

This is also the second time the card I use at Rendo has been hacked in 6 months, so I'm seriously going to have to consider how, if I ever want to spend money at Renderosity again, how to do it safely.

We sent an email to anyone who may have been at risk. If you were affected then you should have received an email from us notifying you about the incident and directing you to alert your bank or credit card company.

You have stated that your card details have in fact been used without your permission. I'd like to remind you to please call your bank or credit card company and have them replace your card. I recommend that you stop using the compromised card immediately. Also, many banks and credit card companies provide "fraud protect," and will refund unauthorized charges if your account has been stolen.

We are always improving. We continue to use new and improved tools to monitor our systems for any suspicious activity.

For added protection, you can checkout with PayPal on any site that offers it, as Renderosity does. PayPal transactions are processed entirely on their site, and then you return here to confirm and download your files. Not even Renderosity can see your payment information if you checkout with PayPal, so you are completely safe from anything that could ever happen in Renderosity's checkout.