Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Low security at Renderosity?

l.croft opened this issue on Apr 11, 2017 ยท 83 posts

mazal50 posted Tue, 18 April 2017 at 2:40 PM

nujazz posted at 9:38PM Tue, 18 April 2017 - #4302944

Raindroptheelf posted at 1:54PM Tue, 18 April 2017 - #4302508

MattGreenfield posted at 3:59AM Fri, 14 April 2017 - #4302481

I just found out that this morning that my card was hacked, most likely as a result of the last breech. $2,200.00 in charges made in the U.K. before we caught it.

This is also the second time the card I use at Rendo has been hacked in 6 months, so I'm seriously going to have to consider how, if I ever want to spend money at Renderosity again, how to do it safely.

Matt I am so sorry to hear this. I can honestly say, for now, for me , the best option was to add my card to my paypal account. But as I said before, I still worry to shop here and I think this will not go away. I never got a mail or anthting reg. those security breaches that occured and that also does not help to have trust.

I am so mad at all this, those hackers get to our account info also which includes our shipping address and all the rest of it.

Now that this happened to you this morning , or you found out this morning shows that quote :* We have taken all the steps we can to be sure Renderosity is as secure as an online store can possibly be.* it has not worked and the shop is still not save.

If account information is stolen, the only thing that can be done is to cancel the card. All the security measures in the world will not secure information that has already been stolen.

Stolen information isn't used immediately. Most likely, it will be used after a couple weeks. It could even be several months. Furthermore, Matt said he "found out" that morning, not that it actually happened that morning. Again, no security measure will prevent stolen (and still active) information from being used, and it certainly won't make someone aware sooner.

So I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion...

Thats the reason renderosity had to give a warning to all their customers , so they could check there cc acounts !!!