Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Low security at Renderosity?

l.croft opened this issue on Apr 11, 2017 ยท 83 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 20 April 2017 at 4:07 AM

12rounds posted at 10:04AM Thu, 20 April 2017 - #4303074

Correction to my above post: I tried to make a PayPal purchase on Mar-16 and wrote to the "Site Technical Issues and Bug Reports" of my problems... then as PayPal purchase didn't work, I tried to purchase with my CC but it didn't work either and in the end I purchased the same item from elsewhere using PayPal leaving me with two "Unpaid order" orders of which Renderosity has been nagging since then. Perhaps that was the weekend in March that the site was attacked? I made the order with my CC but it never went through all the way. I don't recall receiving communication about this, though

Incomplete, or so say declined purchases have been another issue here. The date of this particular breach was 9th to 12th of March, according to Rendo, certainly my purchase was on the 10th. If this is correct the order for March 16th should have been OK, but who really knows.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.