Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 5 Review

Flywaver opened this issue on Oct 10, 2001 ยท 22 posts

Stephen Ray posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 8:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.stevesartgallery.com

I have read your reviews on all 3 of the " landscape " programs. I found them all individually informative. And can see where any of the software company would be pleased with them. I think why the Bryce people in here are a little upset, is because in the Bryce review you mentioned or compared Bryce to Vue d'Esprit 4 numerous times, and compared Bryce to World Builder a few times. Where in the World Builder review it was compared to Vue d'Esprit a few times and with Bryce only in the cost. In the Vue d'Esprit review it is not compared to either Bryce or World Builder. This is understandable considering that you first reviewed Vue d'Esprit 4 before trying World Builder or Bryce. This is clearly conceived by the order the reviews are listed and your introduction in each review. You stated in this thread " but the review is meant for people looking for landscape software since almost all of my members/visitors already own either LightWave, Max, Softimage, Maya or another high end 3D software." When one reads the review for Bryce with so much comparison to Vue d'Esprit 4, and then reads the review for Vue d'Esprit 4 with no comparison to Bryce. They may get the idea the Vue d'Esprit 4 is obviously better then Bryce. Same with World Builder. If your intentions are truly to help people in the CG community make chooses. Then I would say you should write a review which compares these ( landscape ) software with one another, pointing out the pros and cons of each unbiased, now that you have all 3 to compare. And not worry about what the software developers might think. Thanks S. Ray

Stephen Ray