Forum: Carrara

Subject: Shade3D As Carrara Replacement: Man, This Is Radical...

dr_bernie opened this issue on Oct 19, 2016 ยท 40 posts

dr_bernie posted Mon, 01 May 2017 at 9:02 AM

I have mentioned 10 points in my post above. There is an 11th point, which is probably the most important of them all. Here it is:

1. Shade uses a relatively large point size in its interface, so it is particularly easy on the eyes for those users who have weak eyesight, because text information is very easy to read. Not only that, but Shade is designed so that if you turn the background color to dark, the text automatically becomes bright, and vice-versa if you turn the background color to bright the text becomes automatically dark. The combination of large, very readable text, and a very well-thought contrast mechanism between the background color and the text color makes Shade very usable for long hours, without any noticeable eye fatigue. Carrara in that respect gets very low marks. The 8.1.1.12 version of Carrara (which is the last version of Carrara that is acceptable to me) has small black text on dark background, which is very hard to read, unless you have nearly 20/20 eyesight. You can of course change the background color in Carrara, but the text color cannot be changed. This is a major disqualifying factor for Carrara as far as I am concerned, because of the stress it imposes on the eyes over extended periods of use.