Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Low security at Renderosity?

l.croft opened this issue on Apr 11, 2017 ยท 83 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 12 May 2017 at 6:02 AM

Raindroptheelf posted at 11:55AM Fri, 12 May 2017 - #4305052

Jollyself posted at 11:24AM Fri, 12 May 2017 - #4304933

I dont think I am going to be making any more purchases at Renderosity. My Renderosity designated cc was compromised here just recently and My credit card company suggested that the security must be so very low at both companies that the risk is high that it will happen again. This is the third time in the last year or so that I have had to cancel and get card reissued. I only use this card for digital content here so that I can keep control of unnecessary spending.

Oh my, when did this hapen? I have my CC now with paypal and buying over paypal, but I decided not to buy here now even so I made a few purchases recently. I felt so uneasy and got paranoid checking my bank account 3 times a day and expected a call from my bank telling me that it happend again. I do not like to feel like this.

I think you have really highlighted the problem for customer's here, it is not just the fraud itself but the anguish it then generates going forward. I hold no malice towards Renderosity and I am sure there would be products I would want to buy if I looked in the marketplace but I am a hobbyist and I do 3D art for fun. Checking my credit card account half expecting unauthorised payments or waiting for a call from the card security department is not my idea of fun and a worry I would rather do without.

It really is a sad situation all round for customers, Renderosity and vendors as we all lose out in the long run.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.