Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Low security at Renderosity?

l.croft opened this issue on Apr 11, 2017 ยท 83 posts

zuppifix posted Fri, 12 May 2017 at 5:32 PM

I was also one of those who purchased here, once on March 10th and once on March 12th. I received no (let me repeat, no) email warning of any kind that there had been a breach and was, therefore, not able to protect myself against fraudulent use of my credit card, which happened on May 5th (apparently--as already mentioned elsewhere in the forum--due to a case of delayed use on the part of the criminals).

Understandably, I am now also one of those who are extremely hesitant to ever shop here again, but if there were a reasonable (which others have said doesn't exist at the moment) way of putting money (using a prepaid card) into Rendo by purchasing a gift certificate which worked like store credit (which others have said is NOT the way things are set up to work), then I would consider coming back.

What's the issue with this? Why can't you guys let people deduct money from gift certificate purchases in the same manner that store credit works? Is this in the works, or will this never happen?

I'm not going to go into ALL THE HASSLES I've had to deal with clearing up this MESS!! The time and frustration dealing with the credit card people has been mind numbing. And the prospect of never being able to shop here again scary because I love the products sold here.

If you want to make this right by me, you could do one minor thing: at least let gift certificates work like store credit.