Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Low security at Renderosity?

l.croft opened this issue on Apr 11, 2017 · 83 posts

zuppifix posted Sat, 13 May 2017 at 9:41 AM

As I said, I made two credit card purchases during a time period when Rendo says it’s systems were compromised. Circumstantially than, It would appear that my credit card info fell into the wrong hands while I was making a purchase at Rendo, but I haven't seen any forensic evidence that proves that. In fact (if I remember correctly), Rendo said that if you didn't get an email, then you weren't involved. I haven't seen the forensic evidence for that either (i.e. that my CC info wasn’t hacked here). And If my CC info was--or if the chance can't be ruled out that it was--compromised at Rendo--I am wondering why I didn't get an email kindly informing me thereof. I imagine that any claim to the effect that something was, in fact, sent out can easily be substantiated by simply forwarding a copy of the original, which presumably has not only the sender’s, but also the recipient’s name with a date/time stamp.

In either case, it would have been of great help if I had known that Rendo was hacked during the days I made purchases here and that the potential existed of my CC info having been compromised. Armed with that knowledge alone, I would definitely have canceled my credit card and had a new one issued to me. In fact, I might just have hit on the idea earlier to get a pre-paid card or use Paypal to avoid further possible problems/disruptions down the line, regardless of their nature or origin. I would also be feeling much better at this point about making future purchases here. As a customer, I would hope to get that kind of erring on the side of caution, immediate, proactive, prophylactic warning. Whether or not every potential or actual victim in this case received such an email remains an open question in my mind.

That having been said, I understand that no site is 100% safe and that people make mistakes. That's why I am not so much interested in what happened, or why it happened, as I am in what Rendo can/will do (and also what I can do) going forward. I really hope this all gets sorted because--as I said--I really like Rendo and it's products/vendors. My dealings have always been pleasant here, and I like the community too. Because I’d like to remain a customer, I am, therefore, wondering if it is possible (as I already asked) for me to put money into my account through a gift certificate and then for that money to be added/transferred into the store credit side of things so that I can withdraw that money just like you would withdraw store credit. I'd appreciate an answer to this.