Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Low security at Renderosity?

l.croft opened this issue on Apr 11, 2017 ยท 83 posts

billyben posted Tue, 16 May 2017 at 6:37 AM

First post her in a long long time. I have had two cards compromised that were used here. My Bluebird prepaid card which was only used here once on March 8th and my Chase Debit card set up specifically for paying bills and making internet purchases online.(used that card here a bunch of times as well as at Renderortica). It is obvious that Renderosity has had some security issues but everyone has some from time to time including banks and major sites like Amazon, Ebay, etc... Stuff happens. I am only posting here to let the devs know that the cards in question were not used during the time of the breach they detected. I have been security conscious of internet purchases for years which is why I have a separate bank Debit card just for internet purchases and paying bills online. I also have an AMEX Bluebird and a Mastercard prepaid debit card for purchase also. Is it a little bit of a hassle to load them? Yes but it is worth it for security. I now use PayPal exclusively on this site since the Chase card was hacked. I read through all three pages of this thread and it seems like Renderosity did most everything they could to address the issue. For those unwilling to purhcaee her now, it is your loss. Too much good stuff to pass up on this site. People, do as the devs suggested, use PayPal.

Bill (A.K.A. GP40X)

"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused"