Forum: Community Center

Subject: Poser / Studio / Poser conversions

SeanMartin opened this issue on May 15, 2017 · 16 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 17 May 2017 at 9:41 AM

Kalypso posted at 3:37PM Wed, 17 May 2017 - #4305449

I think the main reason some vendors stopped creating for Poser after moving on to DS is that they probably stopped buying Poser altogether. They would have to have the latest version and provide support if they wanted to continue creating for Poser. Let's face it, DAZ sales probably are much greater than the vendor would get at other stores so they seem to be satisfied (stonemason pretty much said so in a thread where he explained why he stopped creating for Poser).
Don't forget DS is free so many new vendors came into the 3d market via DS and didn't even bother with Poser as the Pro version is quite pricey and they would have to learn a whole new program.

I highly doubt it's software politics because money talks and if a vendor is not making enough supporting just DS then they would create for the Poser market too, I don't think long-time vendors are that naïve as to be coerced to settle for less income.

I can certainly relate to that as I did not upgrade to the latest version of Poser either, even though I have upgraded every time from Poser 5 to Game Dev. On the other hand it is another reason why a DS vendor and Poser vendor working together could be the answer, providing both parties are willing there is not the same financial impact.

I don't think it was really suggested the reason was politics, it was more a fear of where this thread would go rather than a reason not to have two versions

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.