Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Low security at Renderosity?

l.croft opened this issue on Apr 11, 2017 ยท 83 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 23 May 2017 at 6:07 AM

PanzerEmerald posted at 12:02PM Tue, 23 May 2017 - #4305727

Yeah, after hearing from another acquaintance that their CC used here got hacked, I've pretty much decided that I will never renew my Prime membership or buy anything here again. At least, until these security issues get fixed.

It's 2017, Rendo. Get with the times and for God's sake, get your ancient and unsafe infrastructure fixed, especially after this many complaints here and elsewhere on other forums. This kind of laziness is inexcusable in this day and age, especially when cyber security and identity theft are becoming far bigger issues than they were even 5 years ago!

As annoying as credit card hacking is, it is much less bothersome than having your identity stolen, something that can stay with you for a life time. Happily it seems only credit card information has been leaked here but that information alone can help identity theft and I can well understand those not buying from here at present. Identity theft would be a very high price to pay for what for most customers is a hobby, irrespective of the quality of the content.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.