Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The opportunities abound as Poser users..

Dave-So opened this issue on Jun 18, 2017 ยท 133 posts

adzan posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 11:08 AM

EClark1894 posted at 10:36AM Mon, 19 June 2017 - #4307939

adzan posted at 10:54AM Mon, 19 June 2017 - #4307807

The problem is we've been having the same discussion since Daz Studio was first released in what 2005? and many of us foresaw that daz would split the market, we were called mad and troublemakers at the time by the way lol, and absolutely nothing has changed - it's still the same things being said.

Daz aren't going to give Poser a new figure so it will have to come from someone else but the community is to divided - to many people are heavily invested in Victoria 4 to support a new figure like Dawn - and their isn't much else at the moment. Personally I really think Victoria 4 should be put out to pasture somewhere but until a New Poser figure comes along that's much better it won't happen lol.

Unfortunately, merchants and community members have made it quite clear they don't like the Poser figures, so I don't think that will change.

Perhaps Posers future doesn't lay with the stores but with the community forums of old. who knows

If you've seen the long running thread I started a couple of years ago, you'll see that V4 isn't going anywhere. Furthermore, Poser continues to cut it's own throat, though not intentionally, with it's "backwards compatibility at all costs!" creedo. The clothes that you can fit to any figure improvements are great except the figure everyone is using to fit clothes to is V4.

I've probably posted in the thread, but I'm like a fish and don't remember what I had for lunch lol.

Perhaps I shall hold an anti V4 demonstration and sell t-shirts for Pauline and Dawn 😂 The poor love must be worn out by now, she deserves to be sent to a nice retirement home.

Yes some like the backward support, me, I want new, I want decent figures and I also want them to get rid of all that stuff that they've been including in the download since Poser 4 lol. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't lump the old and new together in the download. It did suggest it in their yearly survey a couple of times but alas..

I'm actually quite a lovely person in real life, the forum makes me come across as quite horrid 😆