Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: Background is not showing up

LaramieS opened this issue on Jun 19, 2017 ยท 17 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 1:40 PM

Miss B posted at 7:37PM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4308228

LaramieS posted at 12:57PM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4308219

I was able to adjust the lighting so that the back grid showed - but still get a plain black field when I import a background jpg - and I've tried several different jpgs.

OK, I think I understand the problem now. The instructions Hornet and I gave you early is how you would apply an image to the Background object in older versions of Poser. I happen to have my PP11 set up the same way, BUT, by default P11 and PP11 now have The Construct object as the default "Ground", so what you need to select in the Material Room is the GROUND object, and then select the Background material for it.

This is not the same as adding a background to the Background object folks have always used in earlier versions for Poser.

Thank you for the clarification, that makes sense to me even though I don't have Poser 11. Sorry for the misleading post.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.