Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The opportunities abound as Poser users..

Dave-So opened this issue on Jun 18, 2017 ยท 133 posts

EClark1894 posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 2:31 PM

putrdude posted at 3:26PM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4308246

I get the whole "give them the razor sell them the blades" concept daz is using, but I don't understand why you wouldn't sell blades to the other razor users. Could be I'm just dense.

IMHO, if Smith Micro wants to make Poser better, they need to make it easier for noobs like me to just set up a scene, put models in, click, put clothes on them (that fit) click. etc. I'm not looking for a career in graphics animation or work at pixar. I just want to do illustrations. They might also consider an idea from photoshop where you can preview various changes to the image in thumbnails. This would be great for lighting, but probably terribly difficult for the programmers to make happen within the limited resources of a PC...so far.

Also, I think rendering is going to make a huge advance with the emergence of Ryzen chips by AMD; more cores, faster renders, and they will force Intel to be cheaper too.

Thanks for all the comments. Very informative.

I think rendering is only going to be a consideration for people who want to do more realistic renders in a short amount of time. As I understand things now, SM, and therefore Poser's, main focus is on content creation. I get this, I really do, because making things easier for third parties to create content is where all of thse vendors came from it the first place. But I also believe that Poser needs to get it's head back in the game and show the load, click and render crowd some more love too.