Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Poser needs is Posette 2018

Coleman opened this issue on Jul 20, 2017 ยท 168 posts

ssgbryan posted Sun, 23 July 2017 at 1:11 AM

Coleman posted at 11:55PM Sat, 22 July 2017 - #4310495

My bad folks... I didn't mean revive Poser 4 Posette. I mean instead of throwing a LITTLE bit of money into the next Poser figure... and spend the rest on Poser software addons... I'm saying spend A L L the money on a new character that completely re-revolutionizes Poser as a 3D PERSON app which it was made for in the first place.

DAZ watched all that had gone wrong with Poser 5 and started making DAZ Studio based on Poser and then adapting from its mistakes.

Poser can adapt from DAZ mistakes with its people and make a kickass Poser-native character. DAZ's mistake with it's people is it releases a new 'primary' 3d base every 2 years now. It's stuck in a wash, rinse, repeat cycle.

The original Posette lasted for a long time. Support lasted a long time. This is what I mean. Make a new character in the next Poser that drives Poser itself for years.

What is your plan for getting the vendors on board - that is more important than how well the figure bends.

What is your plan for getting the vendors to learn ANY feature that has been added to Poser since version 7.

Most vendors have made it pretty clear that they are NOT going to support any Non-DAZ figure, nor are they going to learn any post-Poser 7 feature.

OTOH, it was vendor intransigence that brought a number of new features to Poser.

Since I have Poser Pro, I can add new features to legacy figures - I don't need vendors as much as they need me.

Since I have the fitting room - I can move conforming outfits from 1 figure to another in 60 or so seconds - I don't need vendors as much as they need me.

Since I have the Cloth room - I can move dynamic clothing from 1 figure to another in 60 seconds - I don't need vendors as much as they need me.

I have the Hair Control System - so I can move hair from 1 figure to another - I don't need vendors as much as they need me.

I have Texture Transformer - so I can move skins from 1 figure to another - I don't need vendors as much as they need me.

The only thing I need a vendor for is shoes. For that, I do need vendors (or I can get serious about PhilC's Shoe Last product).

And here is the thing - converting any of these things is really, really easy.

Too many people here conflate Poser Vendor support with Poser support.