Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Poser needs is Posette 2018

Coleman opened this issue on Jul 20, 2017 ยท 168 posts

AmbientShade posted Sun, 23 July 2017 at 1:34 AM

Coleman posted at 2:28AM Sun, 23 July 2017 - #4310495

My bad folks... I didn't mean revive Poser 4 Posette. I mean instead of throwing a LITTLE bit of money into the next Poser figure... and spend the rest on Poser software addons... I'm saying spend A L L the money on a new character that completely re-revolutionizes Poser as a 3D PERSON app which it was made for in the first place.

In order to create a truly revolutionary figure for Poser, development funds have to first be spent on fixing some long-standing issues that Poser has that prevent such a figure from being created. Some of those issues are bugs, others are just carry overs from its original inception. Once that's taken care of, more funds would then be needed to add in additional features to complete the development of said figure. You have to build the app before you can build the figure to go in the app. Until then, Poser is capable of creating a figure that is much better than those that are currently available for it, but it's not going to be leaps and bounds ahead of its predecessors until Poser itself is fixed and then updated to handle more modern technology. And that takes development funds.

There are also outside factors that limit what a Poser figure can do. The figure has to be designed in a way that appeals to the end users and also doesn't turn off content creators. A figure loaded to the gills with jcms is not going to get a lot of vendor support - unless or until Poser has a way of minimizing or eliminating the hassle that jcms create for content vendors - and no, 'copy morphs' doesn't cut it. The same with weight maps and bones. A fully weightmapped figure doesn't need jcms if the geometry is designed correctly - but it does need additional bones, and content vendors don't like having to deal with extra bones, so we're stuck with the typical skeletal hierarchy that most poser figures have, which is also extremely limiting and usually requires jcms, even with weightmaps. So Poser is capable of producing a fully realistic figure in its current state, but that doesn't mean content artists are willing to support it.