Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Poser needs is Posette 2018

Coleman opened this issue on Jul 20, 2017 ยท 168 posts

adzan posted Mon, 24 July 2017 at 9:10 AM

AmbientShade posted at 8:36AM Mon, 24 July 2017 - #4310592

ssgbryan posted at 6:07AM Mon, 24 July 2017 - #4310556

What is your plan for getting legacy based vendors to learn ANY post-Poser 7 feature?

**What is your plan for getting any vendor on board with a new figure?

I already have some vendors interested in supporting my figures. At least Venus. Some are currently helping me beta test her and like what they see. Once her rigging is closer to completion I'll start looking for other vendors for content support. But I fully intend to do plenty of my own content support. A lot of vendors wait to see how well a figure does before they invest the time in making content that doesn't sell, because they've done it before and been burned. So that's completely understandable.

early 20's Caucasians make up over 95% of the figures released.

Because that's what sells the most, and vendors have bills to pay just like everybody else. It's just like with male content, there isn't as much of it because for most vendors it doesn't produce the same roi that the 'early 20s caucasian pin-up girls' does. So you have to rely more on vendors who make content that they want to make, and not so much content that they have to make to pay their bills. It bugs me too, cause that's really not the type of content I'm interested in. But that's also why I started making my own.

Are vendors still making content using outdated methods?

I've kept up with most of the new releases in the Renderosity Poser store this year and from what I've seen a lot of the content is aimed at Poser 9 and above,

Most content now comes with mc6 material sets and not pz2 files, textures include specular/normal maps etc etc .. which use poser / cycles nodes and are set up to use both the firefly and superfly render engines.

The only time I see mention of Poser 6 is for items made for Victoria 4, which is understandable as she is outdated legacy content but even then the content artists include updated materials and renderer settings - as it provides them with extra customers who can use their content which hopefully means a little more money for the artist.

So I'm not seeing all these content artists who aren't updating their content to use the current technology offered by Poser, Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong store?