Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Poser needs is Posette 2018

Coleman opened this issue on Jul 20, 2017 ยท 168 posts

AetherDream posted Mon, 31 July 2017 at 8:56 PM

EClark1849 posted at 8:55PM Mon, 31 July 2017 - #4310500

Coleman posted at 12:30AM Sun, 23 July 2017 - #4310495

My bad folks... I didn't mean revive Poser 4 Posette. I mean instead of throwing a LITTLE bit of money into the next Poser figure... and spend the rest on Poser software addons... I'm saying spend A L L the money on a new character that completely re-revolutionizes Poser as a 3D PERSON app which it was made for in the first place.

DAZ watched all that had gone wrong with Poser 5 and started making DAZ Studio based on Poser and then adapting from its mistakes.

Poser can adapt from DAZ mistakes with its people and make a kickass Poser-native character. DAZ's mistake with it's people is it releases a new 'primary' 3d base every 2 years now. It's stuck in a wash, rinse, repeat cycle.

The original Posette lasted for a long time. Support lasted a long time. This is what I mean. Make a new character in the next Poser that drives Poser itself for years.

With all due respect, Coleman, a new figure isn't going to fix anything for Poser. Not everyone needs a realistic figure that bends "naturally". I don't care if it walked and talked on it's own, not everyone would adopt it. Poser, unlike DS, can't just give out the software for free in order to get the figure in everyone's hands. There's no vendor support for the figure. Vendors follow the money so they're going to wait to see how well the figure catches on, which of course, is exactly what they did with Genesis and for that matter V4 when they first came out. I just don't share that vision.

And I think this is the main point that keeps Poser figures from catching on, vendor support and massive amounts of content by the software provider. SM needs to throw itself wholeheartedly into the content business for a Poser figure to gain a real market foothold.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence