Forum: Virtual World Dynamics

Subject: New prices for VWD bridges

philemot opened this issue on Jul 06, 2017 ยท 34 posts

takezo3001 posted Mon, 11 September 2017 at 12:00 AM

tomyee posted at 11:53PM Sun, 10 September 2017 - #4313893

Are some people really that cheap that $10 more is considered a dealbreaker? I know times around tough right now (for myself included) but Gerald has lowered the price more than once and even for me, $50 is a fair price for his tool considering all that it does. The lack of a built-in hair and cloth solution is the fault of Daz, not Gerald, and given that users get the Daz software for free, while Poser users are paying $$$ for their program then I'd be grateful any solution exists at all if I were a Daz user, not whine about it.

It's not as if Gerald is a multi-million dollar corporation and has unlimited resources or time. The type of criticism above is more likely to push him to abandon the product if it isn't going to earn enough money to justify the effort and especially so if people make demands that he can't fulfill (he can only work on one feature at a time e.g. GPU support). The only thing I'd agree with is that presets would make things much easier to use (less experimenting and simulating over and over to guess how to achieve a certain cloth behavior) is important. Ease of use is more important than saving $10, to keep the learning curve from being so steep.

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, especially since it's done to better a product and expand its user base, this is not a battle against different teams about who is right, it's to help make a great product available for all users in this community as it's less about price (Simply using it as an example) as much as bundling the product...It is YOUR choice whether or not to take it as a personal attack.