Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Poser needs is Posette 2018

Coleman opened this issue on Jul 20, 2017 ยท 168 posts

RorrKonn posted Mon, 11 September 2017 at 5:02 AM

moogal posted at 5:40AM Mon, 11 September 2017 - #4313913

Coleman posted at 10:15PM Sun, 10 September 2017 - #4310495

My bad folks... I didn't mean revive Poser 4 Posette. I mean instead of throwing a LITTLE bit of money into the next Poser figure... and spend the rest on Poser software addons... I'm saying spend A L L the money on a new character that completely re-revolutionizes Poser as a 3D PERSON app which it was made for in the first place.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but here's what I think is wrong with what you're suggesting. Well, essentially everything. The reason the old figures aren't good enough any more is because Poser long lost focus of being the 3D person app it was made for. The rigging methodology is 20 years old. It doesn't simulate people, it simulates jointed mannequins. It should model underlying muscle mass, not simply the deformation visible in the overlaying mesh. They only just added soft-bodies and it's still only a supported feature that the user has to set up and have a basic grasp of. Then there's stuff like this: http://rodolphe-vaillant.fr/?e=59 Elastic implicit skinning would allow for truly modern figure creation. Without a drastic rethinking of how Poser works, there will always be a demand for a new "Posette/Vicky-Killer" every time a new feature is kludged in. All the morphs in the world can't change that bone, muscle, fat and skin all need to be factored into every pose and motion if the program is to ever be modern again.

We can still go farther ,we can go to the point of no return. when we can make 3D skeleton, muscles ,tendons, guts etc etc move like our's and the skin to move correctly over top all the insides then well have a 3D human that moves like a real human. "now where going beyond the twilight zone" but now the 3D Artist has to crate them.a doctor has a understanding of all are guts but do they even know how they move ? so we need a cadaver to move on his own for us, but all humans move differently even the same human moves differently at different ages.so we need multiple cadavers that moves on there own for us and can manipulate there age.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance