Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Poser needs is Posette 2018

Coleman opened this issue on Jul 20, 2017 ยท 168 posts

kobaltkween posted Tue, 12 September 2017 at 9:50 AM

Cyberdene posted at 9:08AM Tue, 12 September 2017 - #4312261

To pay their bills, that's a pathetic ass excuse to limit yourself to one race of models and I am sure they don't earn that much money from making content to pay their bills to begin with. Most folks have regular jobs, you know jobs that pay you an actual weekly check so you don't get behind on bills? Add this on top of the fact most people will torrent stuff for free and not pay which is also a stupid excuse to limit oneself to just making white figures onlyGet a regular job if you got that much bills to pay. I have friends who would love to use more ethicities in their work yet they are forced to use whatever jaded vendors are producing, you make it sound like everyone wants their digital world to be full of Whites and no other races. Sorry to break it to you but people use what they are forced to use. I am offended by this, it's like saying "White sells and other races don't." The fuck outta here with that shit. Plus There is way more male stuff for Genesis 3 being made than there ever was for Michael 4.

I sympathize with your longing for more diverse characters. I empathize with your frustration at not being able to find content you want. I think enough people have responded regarding the market realities to make the reasons for the current market clear to you. What prompts me to respond is your reaction to that frustration and longing.

Your words paint content creators as malicious and greedy because they aren't making what you and your friends want. You're not unique in that attitude, even if what you want is. The Poser community has long suffered from this kind of negativity. It's part of why the Poser content community is dying. All but a very few of the content creators I learned from or learned among are still making Poser content. A handful have switched to DS, but most have moved out of the community altogether.

Packaging up a product, doing internal testing (including test renders, test simulations, etc.), managing beta testing and revisions, making thumbnails, writing documentation and ad copy, making a full set of promo renders, making gallery renders and doing marketing on various sites, and managing brokerage communications generally takes at least 20 hours. Making a freebie only takes some of marketing (but not all), some of the promo renders (but not all), some of the ad copy, and brokerage communications off that list. And that's all outside of the main part of production. Almost all vendors are single artists, and the few that aren't generally work in pairs. Making content is not only hugely time consuming, it requires a wide array of skills- from copy editing to modeling to graphic design to managing volunteers (testers) to promotion and marketing.

I know that Poser is only a hobby for most people, and I appreciate all the time and money customers spend on it. I don't think it's a lot for content creators to ask for that same level respect. Try to respond to vendors with the same consideration and restraint you do when you comment on your friend's image. If you can give your fellow gallery artists the leeway to make images that you personally don't like or aren't interested in, give the vendors who make their images possible the same freedom.

The Poser content community is dying because content creators are leaving the Poser community. Yet another figure won't do but so much to change that. It doesn't matter whether everyone's destructively criticizing a figure or some other kind of content. Artists don't tend to feel inspired to create for a community when they see the people in it drag other artists through the mud after tens or even hundreds of hours of hard work.