Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Where has all the Poser content gone?

libero opened this issue on Jun 16, 2017 · 175 posts

SeanMartin posted Tue, 19 September 2017 at 10:02 AM

Well, for a company whose free software has been downloaded millions of times (according to DAZ anyway), they sure seem to be on somewhat shaky financial ground these days — that comes from a couple of merchants to vend there and find DAZ's support... uhm... less than stellar unless you're a top-tier supplier like Stonemason.

As for Poser, Poser users got all POd because Dawn wasnt some hot-yo-mama right out of the box like Vicky. When PP11 was released, that was all the users cared about it — how sexy or not Dawn was. Everything else upgraded in the program didnt matter; it was all about how much usable T&A S/M had provided. True, S/M's flagship characters havent been the best (although the Poser9 guy wasnt too bad, all things considered), but the software itself is lightyears beyond Studio, especially in lighting and animation. It was well worth the lousy 99 bucks I paid for an upgrade to PoserPro 11 last month. If you want more sexiness in your Poser characters, maybe write S/M and tell them? I did. They were appreciative of the feedback. If you're a modeler, maybe pitch them an idea on how to improve these characters?

FWIW. my go-to mesh these days is Kyle 15, whom I've made into a bit of hottie for a toon character. He got zero support from the vendors. ZERO. But thanks to Wardrobe Wizard, I have over 40 megs of stuff available for him. Some of it didnt work as well as I'd hoped, but hauling it into a 3D program and cleaning it up wasnt that difficult. Sometimes, guys, ya just gotta be pro-active about this stuff.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider