Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If you could request any new feature(s) in a Poser figure what would it be?

AmbientShade opened this issue on Jul 17, 2017 ยท 108 posts

-Timberwolf- posted Sun, 24 September 2017 at 4:20 AM

moogal posted at 11:17AM Sun, 24 September 2017 - #4314718

-Timberwolf- posted at 6:39PM Sat, 23 September 2017 - #4310516

Two of the real good things put into Poser were the morph brush and the dependency editor, for mostly that reason. Quick fix of poke throughs and add those to a master parameter.

But when you think of how well known and longstanding the poke through issue is, it always seemed strange to see it persist version after version. I don't know why it isn't fixed at render time, because then the meshes themselves would not need be adjusted manually. It seems like a z-sort could be used to check if polygons of a mesh that is mostly behind another item are intersecting and then those areas just would not be visible. I mean clothing goes over the figure, and it should be easy to determine where the clothing ends. Then the program could force the z order of poly rendering so that skin was never rendered in front of the clothing.
I suggested a type of hybrid clothing several versions ago. I can't recall the specifics, but it was similar to conforming clothing in that it was still a rigged figure, but similar to dynamic clothing in that the distance from the figure was maintained per frame. But these are the types of longstanding issues that led to my skipping the last release. I know the problems I have with Poser for years running, and instead of seeing them fixed/addressed, even if in novel ways, there are always a few new bullet points that add to the program's complexity yet the old problems still persist. Why can't they make a T-shape cage to project the soft body map onto existing figures for example? Why is it so hard to reuse texture maps/weighting etc. across different topologies but which do have similar shapes?

I just tried to be constructive and positive here. I am for sure not the right person to to be that Poser-defender. ;-)