Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Where is Poser going?

shedofjoy opened this issue on Nov 06, 2017 ยท 173 posts

AmbientShade posted Mon, 27 November 2017 at 3:00 AM Online Now!

prixat posted at 3:52AM Mon, 27 November 2017 - #4318711

Each approach has it advantages and disadvantages.

Is the poser approach really offering you more figures, or are you forced to use more figures because Poser can't morph them too far from their original shapes?

Poser can handle as many morphs as you can throw at it in a figure. Even Paul was morphed to a preteen boy. Using ColorCurvature's PML script, I was able to convert all of my DAZ Generation 3 figures into one master base mesh. (I think I used M3 as the master mesh, IIRC). Everybody from the Freak to the mill kids are now morphs of the same mesh in Poser. The only two that I don't have are She Freak and the Girl 3. I haven't copied all of their joint parameters over yet, (because it was just another one of my rigging experiments) but Poser's automated joint center tool didn't do such a bad job, just needs some cleaning up in spots. Mostly in fingers.

You are right - each approach has its advantages and disadvantages, and each program has made moves in terms of tools and utilities that diminish the end user's dependency on waiting for vendors to build the clothing they want for the figure they want to use.