Forum: Virtual World Dynamics

Subject: VWD problem nailing it down

ribroast opened this issue on Jan 05, 2018 ยท 19 posts

ribroast posted Sat, 06 January 2018 at 12:14 AM

npayn posted at 11:55PM Fri, 05 January 2018 - #4321714

Balloon effect: When you selected Dawn (or Pauline2) as the collision object what Collision distance did you use? The default is 0.2 Nail to collision: I note that you have it set to 1. That will have almost no "Nail to" effect. Try 0.1 (which I think is the default). If you want it to have some movement then try 0.2

But this is all in the manual that came with VWD!
Have a Happy New Year.

Thanks for your reply. I have been using the default settings mostly up to this point, but I did notice that I have a newer version of the software and some of the default settings don't match the videos or docs. I will try changing the Collision distance as you suggest. I still don't know why Pauline 2 is so buggy. It makes no sense that the figure would make such a difference, they are all just geometry after all. I have read the entire manual, but not absorbed it all yet, to be sure. I know VWD is a great plug-in and makes sense for me since I have invested in Marvelous Designer. I have made conforming clothes a few times and it takes me a couple of weeks just to make one conforming cloth, where I can make many dynamic clothes in that amount of time. They look better posed as well, even with Poser's cloth room. Ditto on the New Year!