Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: HELP I CAN'T IMPORT ITEMS INTO POSER

sisokels opened this issue on Jan 23, 2018 ยท 10 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 4:41 PM

Normally, with bought stuff, it's safe enough to simply unzip to the location where Poser keeps its Runtime folder. Where that is, depends a little on what you ticked off when you installed Poser. This time, mine ended up in users-shared files-shared documents, even though I was pretty sure I told Poser NOT to do so. Oh well, I found it and that's where I unzip new files into. Just check the folder with the Runtime. If suddenly there's a new folder, say you bought something called ... I dunno .. Steve's House. And there's a folder THERE, the same place as the runtime, called Steve's House .. then you know it wasn't made in compliance with for instance R'osity's policy for Proper Poser Paths. And then you'll have to move whatever is in Steve's House into your Runtime. But in 99% of the times, you're good by unzipping it to the (in my case) Shared Documents folder.

With all that said, it's always a good idea to peek inside the zip first. There might be a ReadMe specifying special places to install something.

And Miss B's way of doing it is certainly the safest way. I'm just generally lazy - and eager to see my latest acquisition ;) - if I can find it 😆

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.