Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Project Evolution, fun and the future.

erogenesis opened this issue on Jan 19, 2018 ยท 88 posts

bantha posted Fri, 26 January 2018 at 3:19 AM

Blackhearted posted at 2:47AM Fri, 26 January 2018 - #4322894

I take issue with all this "I've sacrificed years of my life to create this, my gift to the Poser community" and "we need to get everyone working together on this otherwise DAZ will win the war" bullshit in order to take advantage of support from staff and developers and then at the end it turns out to be just another run of the mill offsite 3rd party figure cash grab. Which would have been totally fine if that was how it was presented from the start, but then of course a fraction of the developers and testers and vendors wouldn't have jumped on board.

Poser needs a high quality free (possibly even open source) base figure to get it out of it's current stagnant situation. I would devote a lot of my time to such a project, and so would many other vendors and Poser stores. This shared enthusiasm to provide a remedy to the Poser figure situation is what was very cleverly manipulated in a marketing ruse to get support from stores and vendors who would have otherwise given it a wide berth.

I don't know what Ero told you before releasing, so I cannot comment on that. For my part, I've never expected PE to be free. From what I can say up to now about it is that it's a figure with many interesting features. From what I've seen so far (I have bought it, just did not have quite enough time to get comfortable with it) the features work- Ero obviously put a lot of work and thought into this figure. PE works for me, I don't think it's expensive for what's included.

From my point of view, and as a guy who bought most of the stuff you've offered, starting with Kii and the first GND set I would prefer it if you would keep this kind of stuff out of the forum. I get that you are angry about Ero, you expected Project E to be free or here at Rendo or something.

I don't think that a good, new figure need to be free. V4 wasn't free when she started her run. Pauline and Antonia are both free, both figures aren't very popular amongst vendors. AmbientShade got that right.

If you have problems with Ero's "I've sacrificed years of my life.. " stuff, you simply come from a different culture, IMHO. No idea if he lied to you or if both of you just had a misunderstanding. I hope you get over it, because PE is, in my very humble opinion, the best Poser figure I've seen so far. But People won't use it if the vendors don't support it. I get that the customer base isn't that great yet, but that may change. It may change if this figure is supported by the vendors. IMHO it's worth it.

I like PE, I want to see stuff for it. I will buy stuff for it. I don't think PE is expensive. but I also don't think that it would hurt to make the demo a bit more usable for people with small Money. Also, offering the figure here would probably make it more popular. Just saying, Ero. IMHO the ProjectE should be on Rendo and CP as well. Also IMHO.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori