Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Poser needs is Posette 2018

Coleman opened this issue on Jul 20, 2017 ยท 168 posts

SamTherapy posted Sat, 24 February 2018 at 2:53 PM

drafter69 posted at 8:43PM Sat, 24 February 2018 - #4325029

what poser needs is to stop living in the past and assuming that M4 & V4 are the best characters ever created.

o.O Don't think that's ever been the consensus. Most people here have been very critical - and vocal (myself included) - about V4's numerous faults. Well supported as the figure is, I don't think it's regarded as the best ever by any means.

The real problem is, if you want a figure in Poser and you want lots of content, you're pretty much stuck with what's available unless you're prepared to make it yourself (assuming you have the skills and/or time), convert it (with varying degrees of success) or render endless NVIATWAS pics. There are many far better figures - and we all know it - but they aren't well supported.

As for the native figures, well, they're a bit of a joke. I mean, V4 has a face like a smashed crab but Alyson looks like a whole bag full of 'em. Blackhearted did a wonderful job with his version but the figure is such a radical departure from the base figure that again, you're limited for content.

Speaking purely for myself, I couldn't give a monkey's if SM's business model doesn't take decent looking figures into account, because it damn well should do. If they want to showcase their shiny new Poser, there should be some sweet looking toys with which to do it. The half arsed attempts that have been included so far are a real waste of HD space.

Maybe PE will be the be all and end all of Poser figures - beats me - but whatever it is, it's never been and never will be V4.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery