Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Poser user really frustrated with store contents...

Lyne opened this issue on Mar 03, 2018 ยท 152 posts

lululee posted Sat, 03 March 2018 at 4:26 PM

I supported Poser for a very long time and would like to support Poser again if it is profitable.

I think part of the problem is what character is profitable to support in Poser? There are now so many Poser characters and of course most of us are supporting G3 and G8.

I could not find a way to support G8 in Poser. She did not bend properly when I tried working with her. G3 is fine but profitability was not so great although it may have changed.

It seems to me Poser users are still using V4?

I think the best solution that would bring ALL of us profitability, (vendors and Renderosity) would be if Blacksmith could convert FROM G3 TO V4.

PBR: Since a lot of vendors are using PBR materials ByteFactory3D PBR-Emulator FIREFLY will quickly convert PBR materials to Firefly and can be used in Poser 9 +.

I have used it and it works very well. It's easy to use and quick to learn. The merchant version is a bit pricey. Maybe ByteFactory3D would run a sale for us. That would give us the PBR quality in Poser.

Basically a combination of a Blacksmith G3-to V4 and the PBR emulator would give vendors a fairly quick easy way to convert our G3-G8 products to V4 with the quality of our PBR materials that would be accessible to Poser user from Poser 9+. We could still do our base development for DS and have a quick conversion path to Poser. I think we could increase both Renderosity and vendor profit per product with that path.

Cheerio lululee