Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Poser user really frustrated with store contents...

Lyne opened this issue on Mar 03, 2018 ยท 152 posts

Lyne posted Sun, 04 March 2018 at 11:13 PM

I think one big problem for creating content for a figure is that IF there isn't much content, the figure gets used less... the more content, the more folks will USE a particular character... I myself can't stand Poser's native figures, BUT there is a LOT of users now using Dawn... yes, the clothing for Dawn, Dusk, etc. use weight mapping, and I've herd there is a learning curve... however, there are a LOT of extremely helpful people to give advice and the 'how to' deal with those issues over at HiveWire... Frankly Dawn and Dusk are the most use-able figures in that they pose beautifully RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX, without those pesky distortions!! One of our merchants - Lully (who sells here too) does DYNAMIC clothes for Dawn and so I THINK those don't require weight mapping?! Creating SKINS/CHARACTERS for her, Dusk and the others would of course benefit tremendously from some of the gorgeous skins I often see here at Rendo!!!!!!!!! I often wish venders like Madalerium (spell) would make skins for her.... 3Dream has the merchant resources to get that started. I bought the skin map conversion software, but it simply does not do the job very well, so I don't like to use it (the eyes do not end up where they should, etc.) I would much rather have skins made FOR the HiveWire humans!!!

Jenn - what are the folks talking about when they say that Poser items won't pass the QA because they are not ready to use without tweaking? I am confused on what they are saying... poser users love BOTH - things that can be used 'right out of the box' AND many just love to also 'tweak' items in poser BECAUSE THEY CAN! I LOVE to LEARN, it keeps my mind young... the tweaking I do most often is simply to change some settings in the material room to my personal preference = like turning down specularity... or I open a texture in photoshop simply to change the color hue to work for a particular piece.... I love being able to 'get under the hood' with Poser...

ANYWAY, it still seems to me the bottom line is MORE SALES would come along if there were MORE PRODUCTS to choose from? I do understand that the younger generation (who grew up with a computer to use starting at age 5) just grab the FREE Daz Studio and go... and THOSE people would, I guess, want products to just use as they come...they don't want to do any tweaking...

A big plus for me, is that firefly is VERY FAST (way faster and doesn't tie up my computer so I have to go without while it's rendering for HOURS - as I have heard it takes to get a really high quality render out of DS)....

I KNOW that sales push the market, I really do understand folks!! But when things are just not made for poser so we don't have any CHOICE in what we'd like to buy....well it's sort of a self fulfilling thing... not enough to BUY, so sales are low...

I think V4 has run her course... I bought ALL THE FIXES that folks made for her poor body over the years so I could have what I get OUT OF THE BOX with Dawn... but every time I try and go back to use her, I just get frustrated, because she is just NOT as posing friendly as Dawn is...

AND A NOTE TO ALL THE POSER MERCHANTS who have posted here...I have bought many of your products as well, and I appreciate it so much! I think you would not continue making poser content if it were not selling fairly well?!

I realize that right now, that the number of Poser users are much less, compared to DS... Smith Micro has messed up BUT IS NOT GIVING UP on that software...and to me the SERIOUS artist prefer Poser...yes, it takes a bit longer to learn, (as I said, I'm STILL learning, and LOVE TO LEARN) but it's worth it to me because I am a serious (yes, hobby, but serious hobbyist) ARTIST... who also does not have TIME to let her machine sit rendering for hours...

Thank you again, to the merchants who strive to do Poser format items!

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!