Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Poser user really frustrated with store contents...

Lyne opened this issue on Mar 03, 2018 ยท 152 posts

TMDesign posted Sun, 04 March 2018 at 11:54 PM

So, I wrote a sizable post here yesterday and the deleted it by accident. It was too long for me to replicate, but here's the short version of what I said:

1. Poser isn't free and content it comes with is ugly by default (I'm talking about character models of course). You need to purchase the software and content that's bearable to look at (like V4). DS on the other hand is free itself and its default content is better looking.
  2. DS seems to be more actively evolving and it's going in the right direction, improving content and adding features and doing it more frequently - it has a promising future.
  3. For a new content creator there's more learning material for DS. The content creation tutorials for Poser are severely outdated. - although this could be just my personal experience. Nevertheless, it has influenced my decision to go in DS's direction.

All that said, I still have planned to expand my future content creation to include Poser, but that's not due to developers at Smith Micro doing anything that would encourage me.