Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Face Room Camera -- Focal Length? Format?

galaxiefilm opened this issue on Apr 25, 2018 ยท 11 posts

galaxiefilm posted Thu, 26 April 2018 at 12:26 PM

rokket, I didn't notice a "properties" panel for the face-room's camera, but I suspect that it's adjustable "somewhere" because I see that my face-room camera appears to have a longer FL than the one in Steve's video tutorial. I wonder if adjusting the FL of the face camera in the pose room would affect the FL of the camera in the face-room? I'll have to try experimenting later today with it.

Didn't find anything in the manual regarding this, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

This seems to me to be such an important and obvious aspect regarding face-room use, that I'm amazed no one in any of the tutorials I've seen has ever brought the issue up.

Kazam561, it may be a while before I get to test this, but I will post the results once I do.

For now, if you have an inexpensive camera that has a zoom lens on it, I suggest you (1) turn off any "digital" zoom and just use the lens' physical zoom range (2) shoot the front and side face photos with the lens set at the center of the zoom range, and then re-take the front and side photos (3) from the lens' widest position [moving closer to the subject] and then (4) from the lens' most telephoto positions [moving further back from the subject]. The idea is to keep the height of the head about the same for all the photos. You don't have to go to the most extreme ends of the len's zoom range, but you will notice a perspective difference on the face for each set. When you're in the face-room, look at the perspective that the face-room camera shows on the CG model's head and select the set from your photos that seems to qualitatively match that perspective the closest.

That should make mapping the real face onto the model much easier.