Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 · 270 posts

ssgbryan posted Mon, 18 June 2018 at 12:30 PM

‘Rosity may recieve more overall traffic, but the Poser forums don’t. They have more active threads than this forum has posts. Sorry, but it isn’t Oct 2007 anymore.

The Poser community isn’t contracting, it is dispersing. After all, if one isn’t using DAZ figures, why be here? The Hivewire forums are where the Dawn & Dusk users are, and the SM forums are where folks that use the SM figures (And PE) are hanging out. ‘Rosity is where the DAZ holdouts are residing.

AFA ‘Rosity supporting Poser, please. Take a good look around. The only supporting around here is either squeezing the last out of legacy figures or how to get the DAZ golums working in Poser. Meh.

If you actually read the 1st post in the Poser development thread, you would realize that we are kibitzing over stuff we submitted to SM. They have a methodology and they are sticking to it. They aren’t going to change that to accommodate whiney users - decide what changes you would like to see and submit them. The 200 character limit requires you to think it out, rather than just ramble. I used a similar setup when I was getting feedback from my customers - If you give them the space to ramble, they will.

The entire graphics division is a very, very (10%) small part of SM, which most folks here and elsewhere don’t get.

AFA Poser development, having a new team looking at it with fresh eyes is a plus in my book - the new group seems to actually grasp that the hair and cloth room’s UI needs an overhaul, and they are looking at some of the Poser 1 cruft that is still there. 7 SRs wasn’t happening under the last group either.

I don’t view the current situation as doom and gloom, but I have been hearing that Poser is dying since December 2004.