Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 · 270 posts

ssgbryan posted Thu, 21 June 2018 at 10:53 AM

Wolf359 - A large portion of that golum content IS recycled content. Mostly V4 or earlier g content (characters, clothing, hair, and shoes) but some g8 content (shoes) I have seen at Daz were originally made for P6 Jessi and Miki 1 (I know this because I bought them here at ‘Rosity ?.).

Another issue is the fact that with most vendors, if you buy 2 characters from a vendor, you own all of their characters - they use the exact same skin textures for all of their characters, and quite frankly, I can spin a dial just as well as they can.

Maybe you (and the other g users) don’t mind paying for the same content every 24 months or so, but I do - like the rest of the g series, it is a TCO fail unless you get it during a 70% off sale. In fact, after I post this, I am off to Daz to pick up some products for Brodie 6. They are worth $5.39, but not $17.95.

Pointing out that most of the g1 content was recycled V4 content got me permabanned in the Daz forums (30 days later Daz built a sale around that fact. Typical Daz.).

Speaking of Daz, has anyone noticed that almost all of the g1 & g2 content suddenly aquired Poser Companion Files? It would have been nice if ANY of them were put in the correct sub folder, but that would require attention to detail, and that simply isn’t part of their DNA. It’s a start though, and a complete 180 from their original stance.

BTW, I can (and do when necessary) create my own content. I have both the software (Hexagon, Blender, and Zbrush), and the skills to do so. For the most part however, it isn’t a good use of my time for clothing (props and sets are a different matter - I kitbash everything). In the three hours you spent modeling one outfit, I can retexture four outfits and run them through the fitting room for use with multiple meshes.

Horses for courses.