Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

-Timberwolf- posted Fri, 22 June 2018 at 7:23 AM

I really hope, this SM-Poser crisis will result in a totaly revamed new Poser. No rush, leave time, but it should be realy good. Poser needs first class native figures with realistic joint bendings, auto fit and a geograft technology. if they introduce a render engine, they need to update the shaders with it. Poser 11 pro appears like digging out an old app from before 2008. Users and Vendors are part of the Poser promotion, if they want or not. Sticking with Vicktoria 4 is part of the Poser crisis. It just seems Poser users don't want new stuff. So really looking at the freebe section seeing all those V4 stuff obviousley rendered with the Poser 4 render engine just gives me an eyeroll. Hivewire website with all its promos looks like the DAZ shop back in 2002. If an app and its comunity is not progressing foreward, than it is time to have an new app. Sm is selling you the same stuff over and over again. Where is the new stuff? No new rigging joint bending technology. All they put in there, are free stufff modules. Cycles renderer, bullet physiks and GoZ. if you purchase IRay, you have to pay, Cycles, you can have free with blender. No, SM has gone lazy and leans back while taking your money. I'd like to see Poser becoming a real proffessionell tool, not a children's app as it is today and I'd like to be taken serious as an artis with demands by the software company. If that does not happen, Poser will die and it will be an inside job, don't blame DAZ for it.