Forum: Virtual World Dynamics

Subject: Patreon for VWD

VirtualWorldDynamics opened this issue on May 31, 2018 · 220 posts

MrFiddles22 posted Fri, 06 July 2018 at 2:40 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 12:39PM Fri, 06 July 2018 - #4332788

@Surody: Your two examples are fine. I just bought "Linda ponytail hair" because I wanted to buy it and I would be interested to make simulations with this hair. The "dforce my guy jeans and shirt" does not interest me for my projects. Perhaps, it is the good time to define how I could create video tutorials or RIP files with assets I do not own. I suppose it is a very important question because I cannot buy all the products the VWD users want to simulate. Biscuits told me it is certainly possible is the asset on which I do my tests is a simplified OBJ file without textures. I can ask her to explain her opinion in the forum, if she accepts. I think it is a question to ask to the creators.

@MrFiddles22: For me, it is difficult to reply. VWD is a simulation program. I made numerical simulations and I wrote simulation functions for many years. A simulation is not a complicated thing to do, it is often complex. It means: a series of actions whose utility is understood. When I start my tests on an asset for simulating it, I don't know what will be the series of actions I will use. It is for this reason I used several methods in my video tutorials. My wish is not to transform VWD in a TWO clicks program, It is not possible. My wishes are :

@Surody @Buscuits

Hi Gerald, I should have been more clear.

That’s what makes VWD great, is that there are different ways you can simulate with it.

Your tutorials are very good, I have no issue with them at all, they are extremely helpful. Also Biscuits' tutorials were amazing and so were Sickleyields on how to install the program, without them I would have been lost. But a lot has changed since these tutorials were released.

Also other tutorials (Not yours) sometimes would show slightly different ways to start out and simulate other than the way you would show. So I was wondering if these ways may cause issues with simulations results, like jittering cloth issues like Surody was having.

So I was making the suggestion, (in order to avoid confusion and possible user error with VWD) to consider making some new updated video tutorials that take it from the beginning and show the most basic way to start simulations correctly with all the new features of VWD.

Maybe Biscuits could do some updated tutorials (Wink Wink)