Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

wolf359 posted Mon, 16 July 2018 at 4:55 PM

I was a poser user since fractal designs poser2 However you do not have to go back to the 1990's only back as far as 2003.

If you look back at the narratives at play in 2003 in this community you do not find this self validating and frankly self delusional narrative you now see being fomented that "poser is not about figures it is about the program itself."

When "Don & Judy" were introduced in poser 5 and summarily dismissed by the majority, No one was claiming that "figures did not matter" because they had a poser native Mike&Vicky from Daz and the "security" of the presumption that they would always have a new Mike& vicky from Daz . And the same can be said for James & Jessie for poser 6.

Also Note that Whenever a third party decides to undertake a challenge to Daz ,Their "weapon of choice" is a figure who is female,early 20's, has Ideal body mass index and is white.

You poser loyalists would be wise to keep the pressure on SM for a specific roadmap, because if poser were still my figure platform,then Vague Statements of corporate "nonspeak" like: "we have a new product lead, also based here in Pittsburgh, and he and I together are working hard to secure a bright future for this product.Hold on to your britches, we're doing the best we can for all you Poser users..."

....that do NOT mention improved base figures to bring the content makers on board, would be a cause for major concern.

My website

YouTube Channel