Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

wolf359 posted Wed, 18 July 2018 at 9:44 AM

how many people are hitting the limits of those >characters rather than their own? A few - at most. I've >seen plenty of stunning >artwork with ancient (in >computer terms) Victoria 3 while seeing some horrific >things with the latest iteration of Genesis.

No offense, but it is statements like this that excuse people from moving forward in a competitive commercial market.

Nowhere else in the general consumer product space, do we ask people to "reach the limit of their potential" before moving on to a newer improved version of a commercial product particlulary if a product is dependent on third party content providers.

I imagine there are people who created amazing things on Windows XP with Truespace3D.

and I am sure there are many others who never reached their "true potential" with that program on XP and yes I am sure there are unskilled people creating utter rubbish with Autodesk Maya 2018 on Windows 10 professional today.

This does not change the reality that truespace3D and Windows XP are vestigial relics of a bygone era that receive no measurable support from third party content makers just as V3 does not any longer.

Now people are certainly free to use whatever they want from whatever era they choose. I personally use the Genesis 2& 3 era figures exclusively. However I am a clothing content creator myself and do not need the Daz PA's for new clothing for my "older" models.

The learning curve and time investment requirements >are steep and high compared to others. This is a >significant issue, >because new users will likely go to the >place where they can quickly get results.

I agree and this is normal human behaviour that we see from consumers in every sector this is why Wondows and Maco OS are chosen over Linux by most laypeople for example.

I don't agree with those who keep talking about new >figures as somehow a "fix" for whatever is wrong with >Poser. I think the key >will be in making it (much) easier >for average people to leverage the possibilities of the >program.

What are these "Possibilities of the program" that do not involve the use and rendering of figures??

My website

YouTube Channel