Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 pro: will superfly see multiple graphic cards?

putrdude opened this issue on Dec 21, 2015 ยท 39 posts

3D-Mobster posted Thu, 02 August 2018 at 5:07 AM

I don't know the answer to your questions, but I would assume that Superfly does support GTX 1050 TI. However I think the biggest issue with GPU rendering is memory limit, if the card doesn't have enough it wont really matter how fast it is, as it will simply fail and give you an error that its out of memory and not render. If you want to render faster a new CPU might be worth a look.

I have been told that AMD Ryzen should be quite good at it, while still being fairly cheap.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3230369/components-processors/core-i7-8700k-review-prices-specs-benchmarks.html

Here is an article about it, which also include a blender render test, which I post here as well.

core_i7_8700k_blender_2.78b-100737745-orig.jpg

You can also take a look at the newest ones, AMD - Threadripper and Intel - Core I9, so it might be worth looking further into CPUs, rather than GPU rendering as cards with a lot of memory is fairly expensive and because these CPU's especially AMDs and Inter Core I9 packs a lot of cores.

Maybe if your lucky some have tested it here or know a bit more about it than I do.