Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

-Timberwolf- posted Fri, 17 August 2018 at 7:49 AM

Poser is not dead, that's for sure, but I don't see a Poser development at the moment. The reason is not only SmithMicro. It is the Poser community, that seem to consist mainly of Poser nostalgics caught in the earley 2ks. Look at the Poser galleries, look at their clinging tight to V4 and Dawn. sorry I see a lot of flat colored with wooden posed preset characters starring into nowhere. move on please. ---------- Playing more with Poser again since PE is out, it feels like going back in time. Really, do i still have to fix poke throughs? Really, my clothes don't fit to my custom morphs? Really, lost my morphs again, because of some PMD file issue? Poser could be more advanced, if Poser users whould have more asked for it. But they don't. When ever you ask for features to include in Poser, especially when DS has allready, you get branded as a DAZ troll. Feels like a conspiracy theory from a religious cult. To make it clear again.------------ I do like diversety! I do like competition! I do like using different softwares! I do not want Poser to die! I do want Poser to get better! I do want SM to keep up with modern software like DS and Iclone! I do want better native figures for Poser! ( no messed up joints anymore and no emeciated ugly base figures anymore)

And no, I am not paid by the evil DAZ empire.

And no again, DS is not perfect. I painfully miss a morph brush, adding HD details and mostley the dependency editor.