Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

3D-Mobster posted Fri, 17 August 2018 at 5:30 PM

New users are always good can't argue about that. And yeah Poser doesn't need "never before seen" features, however I do think that "Slutmatic 3000 female mesh" as you call it (which i think is a bad way people are talking about them) is needed for Poser and is crucial. Speaking for my self I know im not currently able to create characters of such standard. So to add any form of character to a scene I rely on Poser and Daz to do it. And it is what in the end is carrying these programs content wise, remove the characters and all the props would go away as well or at least the majority.

I do agree that long terms goals are needed, but think they would be fine if it aimed towards easy to use characters.....But with a secondary goal of getting Poser better integrated with the rest of the 3D workflows that people use. Which today is much more varied, meaning people use lots of different programs for specific things, such as fluid in Realflow, sculpting in Zbrush, texturing in Mari, UV in another and animating in a third. There would be lots of room for Poser in this workflow if it simply supplied easy to pose characters, creatures etc. Probably not in a professional environment, but for all of us semi professionals or what to say and for artist just wanting to express themselves etc.

The idea of making a single can do everything application is dead or is very difficult to do today. Those already on the market like Autodesk and Blender etc. Is well into this. So rather focus on doing something very well and spend time integrating into the rest of the workflow is a much better way and as I see it the only way forward, because its the workflow of most 3d artist, so I don't think its a clever move when Daz (If thats true) delete post to Iclone etc. Or when Renderosity some time ago, didn't want people to post links to freebies etc. its complete opposite to how people work with these things and to me a strategy clearly developed by a business person rather than an artist.