Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

3D-Mobster posted Sat, 18 August 2018 at 4:44 AM

TheDarkerSideOfArt posted at 11:20AM Sat, 18 August 2018 - #4334950

3D-Mobster let me go on the Zbrush forums right now and post links and screen shots and type how Zbrush should be scared about something new 3D coat is coming out with..and continue to ramble on and on about it (and aurick or one of the other mods knows damn well im anti Zbrush...but im not 😇 )...first I'd probably be laughed off the forums..then it will be removed (maybe even along with me) in a heart beat. Its whatever. its kinda trolling depending on how it was presented and or posted.

I think that is one of the big differences between Poser/Daz communities and 3D communities, because I don't think that doing something like in your example is something that they find very relevant or very useful thing to do in the first place, its hard to explain, but as I have mentioned before people are not bound to a single program like a lot of people seems to be in the Poser/Daz community, where they feel like they have to defend a program at all costs. So maybe such post would be removed as it would be considered trolling or some might react to it, but honestly I think most people there would simply turn their eyes at such post. I think the closest you get to something like that is probably someone interested in knowing the difference between two programs.

I went to substance painter forum to take a look and this is just a random page on their forum:

Substance_forum.jpg

If you look at what people are interested in, you don't see threads like "This program is much better", "Substance painter is dead", but topics like pipelines, some random stuff etc. Some of the threads you can see have been locked, which simply means that they have been moved to other parts of the forums, so they are purely locked in this section. But the general impression you get from these forums are people looking for answers of how to integrate or solve something within whatever workflow or pipeline they are using.

So to me its just as much the attitude of some people compared to other sites, keep in mind that there are lots of program like substance painter out there, a whole lot more than just Daz/Poser, so there is all the reasons for people to do exactly the same as in the Daz/Poser communities.