Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

AmbientShade posted Sat, 18 August 2018 at 3:58 PM

diogenese19348 posted at 4:55PM Sat, 18 August 2018 - #4334949

Now that raises an interesting issue. I work with an art contest site, and we are running into exactly the same issue - our members are getting old, and we are having problems attracting new members. I'm about tearing what's left of my hair out trying to figure out what younger artists are doing these days. And I'm talking all the branches - illustration, photo manipulation, photography (which appears to be the one bright spot), comics. So a reasonable question is what are they doing, where do they congregate, and how do you get them engaged in anything?

YouTube, Instagram, DeviantArt, ArtStation, Twitter, etc. Mostly Instagram. The younger generation has no time or interest for forums like this. It's boring to them. Instagram is instant gratification for their narcissism. I had an early 20s co-worker recently tell me Facebook is dead cause only old people use it now. None of her friends use it, they're all on instagram and twitter. Keep in mind anyone north of 30 is ancient to an early 20's individual.